Tuesday 2 December 2014

How to Make Momos

In amongst the teaching, traveling and sightseeing during my Dharamsala adventure we managed to find time to fit in a cooking class, which was held inside a small kitchen found amongst the roadside shops. Whilst rummaging through my India file after I wrote my previous post, I found a piece of paper which I realised was the recipe we received at that cooking class. The cooking class was momo themed. Momos are traditional Tibetan dumplings that you can find in just about any Tibetan restaurant. There are not many recipes online on how to make momos, which is why I thought it would be a good idea to share the recipe here. Whether you have had these before or you've never heard of them, I hope this is useful to you in someway. I think they would be great to add to a dinner party as an appetiser, as they are deliciously more-ish (it's quite ridiculous actually). Enough of my rambling, here is how to make Tibetan momos, enjoy!

The Dough Recipe 
(makes 18 momos)

Making the Spinach and Cheese Momos
(mixture makes enough for 6 momos)

You will at this point have leftover dough for 12 momos. Now that you know the basics you can choose whatever fillings your heart desires. You can make a meat filling, a vegetable filling or even a sweet filling (I am going to try a chocolate, apple and banana filling next time I make these). Comment down below what filling you would like to try, I would love to hear what you come up with! 

Victoria xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com